Mercedes 280SL Pagoda TOR 32G - 1968 | £40,500 | Left Hand DriveNow Sold : The Mercedes-Benz W 113 was a two-seat roadster coupe introduced at the 1963 Geneva Motor Show and produced from 1963 through 1971. It replaced both the legendary 300 SL and the 190 SL . Of the 48,912 W 113 SLS produced, 19,440 were sold in the US.
The W 113 SL was developed under the auspices of Mercedes Benz Technical Director Fritz Nallinger, Chief Engineer Rudolf Uhlenahaut and Head of StylingFriedruch Geiger . The lead designers were Paul Bracq and Bela Barenyo, who devised its distinctive, patented, slightly concave hardtop, which inspired the "Pagoda" nickname.
All models were equipped with an in line six cylinder engine with multi-port fuel injection. The bonnet, trunk lid, door skins and tonneau cover were made of aluminum to reduce weight. The comparatively short and wide chassis, combined with an excellent suspension, powerful brakes and radial tyres gave the W 113 superb handling for its time. The styling of the front, with its characteristic upright Bosch "fishbowl" headlights and simple chrome grille, dominated by the large three-pointed star in the nose panel, paid homage to the then already legendary 300 SL roadster.
TOR 32G is an imported USA left hand drive car California model imported into the UK with full UK V5 documented, It is offered as a very original car in good condition as represented in the photos on this page. The car has had a recent automatic gearbox rebuild and drives very well.
Other Cars For Sale
1961 - £90,000
1956 - £On Application please
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no responsibility is taken for error, omission or misstatement or imperfections not stated. Buyers should satisfy themselves pre purchase of the condition and provenance of the car and on their own judgment satisfy themselves as to whether the car accords to its description or not.