Engine Build Overview
Rawles Motorsport has spent nearly 30 years developing four and six cylinder Austin Healey engines for road use, developing new parts and solutions to the market. Our aims have always been clear; to restore original performance and vitality to the purist and to offer performance options to the enthusiast.
Our wealth of knowledge enables us to offer options to maximise power and torque delivery across a broader rev range and to remain highly efficient, exploitable and reliable on the street. Our Mustang 1750DE rolling road has enabled us to provide verified performance gains of 30%-60% or more wheel HP on twin SU carbs with each fast and ultimate 6 cylinder motor we build, with four cylinder engines making similarly significant gains too.
With each engine build we undertake the engine is:
- stripped down to component level and assessed
- deep cleaned using specialist cleaning and corrosion removal
- all components are either refurbished or replaced
- cylinder heads unleaded converted
- rebuild and commission new engine in vehicle
- preliminary break in and tune-up on rolling road
- final tune-up (after break-in period) on rolling road
To view our road performance upgrades select your car from the engine build dropdown